Stages to Delivery of CKG

June 26th 2015 Derick arrived in Miami, Dinner date was very much needed to catch up and socialize and prepare myself mentally and emotionally for what's to come, only two days away!

Saturday June 27th was a relaxing day to do little run around and shopping of stuff I might need while in the hospital. Still I did not feel I was fully prepared but what could I do? Just gotta get in there and do what's best for CK, all about him and not about me.
Sunday June 28th 2015 3:00 P.M we went to a church service with Mr Luis in Ft Lauderdale, Florida. Coming out of church at 6:00 P.M we drove to downtown Miami which was 1 hour away. My schedule was for 8:00 P.M to start the process to delivery. Jackson Memorial Hospital (Women's Clinic). Checked in at 7:45, dressed in my gown, first time mom; thinking what the pain will be like what will be the outcome of my little boy and his health. Being a big hospital doctors and nurses Run around A LOT attending to other patients but, the service is EXCELLENT.
Drips at 9:00 P.M, saying my goodbyes to Luis, his wife and Derick. Ms Julia accompanied me in the hospital, going out of her comfort zone to be there for me like a daughter. 11:00 P.M they came in and explained to me that they cannot induce labor on me with the IV medication as I am carrying a sick child and the medication Caz send his heart rate up or shut it down. CK wasn't ready at all to get out of Mommy's Tummy, he was still high and stiff. They were going to implant a "Foley balloon Catheter".
The use of a Foley balloon catheter for labor induction is not as common as it once was, but it may be gaining popularity for women who are not good candidates for an induction with medications. The balloon portion of the Foley catheter, used to keep the bladder empty, is inserted, while deflated, into the uterus either by having your practitioner visualize the cervix during a speculum exam or with the fingers, feeling that the balloon is between the amniotic sac and the lower uterine segment (bottom of the uterus) on the other side of the cervix.
The balloon is then inflated with saline solution and left in place, while being taped to your thigh to provide gentle traction.

In order to insert the FBC I had to under go epidural catheter anesthesia. Epidural catheter anesthesia is a regional anesthesia that blocks pain in a particular region of the body. The goal of an epidural is to provide analgesia, or pain relief, rather than anesthesia, which leads to total lack of feeling. Epidurals block the nerve impulses from the lower spinal segments.

 With the anesthesia now in place The FBC was placed in the right position along with the urinary catheter which is a latex, polyurethane, or silicone tube known as a urinary catheter is inserted into a patient's bladder via the urethra. Catheterization allows the patient's urine to drain freely from the bladder for collection.

Is that a lot to have all in one night or what? (Tired face)

Are we at the delivery time yet? Nope! 
All catheters were inserted by 2:00 A.M June 29th 2015.
The epidural was connected in the form of an IV, where I was directed to press down three times within one hour so as to flush the medication into my spine.
Did i follow directions? NOPE. Did i feel pain? Pain isn't the word for what I was feeling.
I decided that three times was probably too much to flush into my system and i was already numb. Well we all know Belizeans are stubborn and we know it all. Even though it was a pain that I thought would kill me, I am NOW proud to say I felt the pain of mother nature for atleast an hour. The doctors then came in and gave me extra pain shots so as to help my body to catch up from my stubborn decision. 


Arrival of Cecil Kobe Garbutt coming closer :D




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Expect the Unexpected

Arrival in Miami