Hello Bloggers,
         I must first excuse myself for my absence in posting. As his birthday passed and the hardest decisions and startling moments came closer in time of posting my heart was growing heavy and unable to simply express as I was doing before. Therefore, i decided to take a break and gather myself and to be reminded of the reason I blog and who is the focus in my postings.

Cecil Kobe Garbutt!

Day 3 in the life of CK Garbutt: July 2, 2015
    Studies had proven to doctors and surgeons that repairing CDH immediately after birth lead to a very high percentage in the loss of infant lives. They now allow newborns to have stable vitals before any procedure is done. Day three 9:00 A.M I was released from the hospital. I had signed the papers for his surgery the day before so surgery had no specific time. Until after being released the surgeons were near his bed side when i passed by before heading to the apartment and explained that they believe he is now ready and 3:00 PM. Miami time, 1:00 PM. Belize time would be his surgery if all his vitals remain the same as it had been.
       We wouldn't be allowed to enter the OR or to see him right after surgery so we decided to all go home and wait for the time to come near. Dr. Hogan is one of the most experienced Pediatric Surgeon in Miami, FL. as he also works at Nicklaus Children Hospital also in Miami, Fl.

Dr. Anthony Hogan

       Dr. Hogan called me at 3:00 to inform that himself along with his team are now transferring CK to the second floor to the operating room. He spoke so calmly and gave me much courage to believe in his man made hands and God plans for my little Prince. 3:20 P.M ringing goes the phone, already in tears assuming bad news in coming in. One of the attending called to get a formal consent from myself for blood transfusion if necessary and to go over the procedure once more, meaning there was no cutting as yet. After my formal consent the phone was passed over to Dr. Hogan confirming that they are about to start and will give me a call as soon as they have completed the procedure.
       The emotional ache inside me was startling, nervous, fearful, wanting to scream, asking God why is this happening any at all, why such a sweet little Prince, why not me? So many questions n confused emotions while communicating with my family from Belize was just a lot. There was no energy in me to even respond to a text message or to speak to anyone for that matter, i could not remove the frown from my face, I was not mad at anyone I just wanted to cry and cry non stop. My mother in law and Derick were also present in the apartment but we were all in different areas as everyone wanted their space to be able to FEEL freely, whenever the phone rang we would huddle up and listen to the updates on speaker. I was in a very selfish place were no one outside CK could get my attention. I know my family back home wanted updates but the feeling in me at the time was sort of a lazy with nerve tingling in my palm. No feeling to eat or even look at food for that matter. Simply myself and the blank ceiling.
     5:30 P.M, a little over two hours, patiently waiting with the phone in my hand. Dr. Hogan said "Ms. Hyde, everything went as expected, we can only wait for recovery and give him a little time."
   Greatest news we had received in quiet sometime, myself his daddy n grandma cried with joy, one of the greatest feeling in this world is to know your one and only child/grandchild has passed the worse and is on his way to recovery.

    Following day July 3rd we visited CK with the biggest smiles on our face and happiest of hearts.


Popular posts from this blog

Birthday In Heaven

June 10th - OB Doctor Appointment

Stages to Delivery of CKG